Saturday, November 29, 2008

whimsicality & tranquility

There are two photographers I want to share today. Both of whom I read about on DesignYouTrust.com. I am so inspired by both: one for the way she captures the everyday, the tones of her photographs and the tranquility of her photographs, and the other for his ...ridiculous abstract and creativity in personifying everyday objects. I use the word "ridiculous" because I just have not an idea how else to describe him!

We'll start with Rune Guneriussen, a Norwegian photographer who juxtaposes household items and places them on beaches, in forests, in places you would not imagine. The photographs are incredibly fairy-like and give off a supernatural, whimsical feel. The irony of some of these photographs, especially the one with globes, is fascinating. I do these no justice; you must visit his site to take a look for yourself.




on DesignYouTrust // his Website // more Photos...

The second is Erika Svensson, who I am now head over heels in love with. Her photographs have a tranquil hue that relaxes the soul and a feeling of softness, clarity and spaciousness. It's incredible how she works with texture and negative space. Take a look:



on DesignYouTrust // her Website // more Photos...

No comments: